How to install in 3-10 minutes:
- The MOST important is to decide where to hang your Celpax.
- After this, most managers install themselves in 3-10 min (you don’t need your IT-dept or maintenance team).
"I had the Celpax out of the box and up and running in less than three minutes. Incredible."
Alex Bell, Director at Portland Education
1. Hang the Celpax by the exit door
- All employees leave through a door at the end of the day right? Hang it so people face it leaving work.
- It should hang where the eyes and hands of your employees will be.
- It’s “impossible” to miss near your time attendance device, door opener switch, etc. People stop here naturally.
Not too high, not too low
- Hang it at the same height as door handles & light switches. This way you can hide the Celpax with your body as you press. Colleagues feel more anonymous as not everyone feel comfortable with others possibly seeing which button they pressed.
- Not at the exit door. Not on your way out.
- Too high up
- It’s not visible when leaving work, you only face it when you arrive
- Hang it beside the door. Not on it.
- We don't hear good stuff from people that hang it in the staff cafeteria. You don't reflect upon your whole work day, and not everyone will pass by here.
Uh, is it really so important where I place the Celpax?
- One company tripled the number of typical pulses when moving the device 1 meter closer to the exit door.
- Mediacom went from from 9 pulses to 113 the next day when they moved the Celpax to the elevator exit.
- In one company ithey discovered 55% of the employees used a door where they weren’t going to hang any Celpax, thinking not many used that exit.
2. Where to hang your transmitter
- Near the Celpax panel as they need to reach each other.
- In line of sight is ideal.
- Outside the range is up to 1200 feet (400 m), inside it could be the same, or as little as a few meters if you have metal doors, concrete walls in-between, etc.
- Hang it out of the way so no one unplugs it by mistake!
- High up and vertical gives a stronger signal
- A good spot is where you have high mobile / cellular coverage, or near a window.
- Stick the Celpax on the wall.
- Transmitter: Put the antennas A and B into their corresponding connector. Plug it into a power outlet. Wait 1-10 minutes* until ‘Celpax system ready’ appears.
- Press the test button. If all is OK, the green light flashes three times.
- Visit activate.celpax.com to start registering.
Next steps: We’ll check your installation and send your dashboard login. After this, tape the transmitter vertically, high up.
*In some areas it could take longer, keep it plugged in pleaze ;)
You can test to press before you activate. The pulses won’t appear on your dashboard until you tell us to start registering.
How can I know if my installation is OK?
- The Celpax: If you see a Green light when you press the button on the side, it’s working. If not, plug in the transmitter somewhere else.
- Transmitter: If it shows a green light, it’s working.
- Celpax device location: most people should notice it when leaving the office! Send a pic and we’ll give you feedback.
- Posters, email templates, etc to help you launch here.
- Once you hang the Celpax, people typically just start pressing even if you haven’t communicates anything “officially”. So if you install 1 or 2 days in advance of your launch, people will press before the official launch. Hang a note saying “Launching soon!” or just start as soon as it's up.
- VERY rough wall surface? Get in touch and we'll send a kit.
- Is the Celpax super-visible when colleagues leave?
- It hanging low enough?
- Do you have devices at all your exit points?