Where to hang your Celpax and its transmitter:
All employees leaves through an exit door
Hang it so people face it leaving work. The Celpax should hang where the eyes and hands of your employees will be.
It’s “impossible” to miss near your time clock, door opener switch, etc. People stop here naturally.
Not too high, not too low
Hang it at the same height as door handles & light switches for comfort and privacy.
Colleagues feel more anonymous when they can press without reaching up too high. Not everyone might feel comfortable with others possibly seeing which button they pressed.
Not at the exit door. Not on your way out.
Too high up
It’s not visible when leaving work, you only face it when you arrive
Hang it beside the door. Not on it.
2. Where to hang your transmitter
Near the Celpax panel as they need to reach each other.
- In line of sight is ideal.
- Outside the range is up to 1200 feet (400 m), inside it could be the same, or as little as a few meters if you have metal doors, concrete walls in-between, etc.
- Hang it out of the way so no one unplugs it by mistake :)
- High up and vertical = stronger signal
- A good spot is where you have high mobile / cellular coverage, or near a window.
Uh, is it really so important where I place the Celpax?
- One company tripled the number of typical pulses when moving the device closer to the exit door.
- In another company it turned out that 55% of the employees left work through a door where they originally weren’t going to put any Celpax, thinking not many were using that exit.
- Is the Celpax super-visible when colleagues leave the office?
- It is at the right height?
- Do you have devices at all your exit points?
Once you’ve found the best possible location, anyone can install in 3-10 minutes.