Many announce the Celpax a few weeks before to explain the Why, create awareness and get buy-in.
- Here are 8 leaders who share how they launched.
- You can test the buttons up until the Celpax is hanging on your wall, and you ask us to activate.
- Our weekly email will show you the previous week's results.
- Launch with the help of the communications templates (read how others launched) and hang posters.
- The first 14 days is your warm-up period: Many want to test how the Celpax works and some might press more than usual to check out the green and red lights. Statistically speaking, the novelty effect means the system isn’t stable. You first need to establish a routine.
- Who will be responsible for acting on the results? Invite all your dept managers, team managers, etc. A great workplace is everyone's job!
Day 4 - Say thanks
- Your colleagues have pressed for a few days now. Perhaps say thanks for participating so they know you're listening?
- Keep your ears open. How are people reacting? Get managers at all levels talking with people to see if you need to take early action (hang a "you are anonymous" poster, etc).
Day 10 - What makes us press green?
- Start the conversation! Use the Green/Red word document to spark conversation. Start with the CEO asking her/his team "What makes us press green?". Then get dept managers, team leaders etc to copy that behaviour and do the same with their team.
- Make the Green/Red a natural part of your daily huddle, weekly/monthly/All-staff meeting, etc.
15 days - Share preliminary results
- Time to share the preliminary Mood KPI with your whole team! Good leaders realize their team are pressing every need and that the result belongs to everyone.
- Some people need to hear it verbally, some need a sketch on a whiteboard, and some prefer to read texts. Use our templates.
- Worried about communicating a low result? Present part of the result: "Yesterday we got 58% green, thank you for pressing!" or something related to participation.
- Our data show that face to face conversations is THE fastest way to improve employee morale. A popular question to start a dialogue is "What makes us press the green button?". More hints here.
- Hang a new poster next to the Celpax. The longer a communication hangs on the wall, the less people will "see" it. Surprise your colleagues!
- Celebrate that you have 30 days of data! Share your preliminary Mood KPI.
- "The longer I’m a leader, the more I realize that communicating something once is the equivalent of not communicating it at all" Users who regularly share their results and ask what is behind the red get higher participation. People are curious! (and many will be interested in letting you know how to have greener days)
- You've unlocked your Mood KPI! It's based on the last 30 days of data. It’s a moving average. Think of it as what results to expect on an normal day.
- Successful leaders share the results regularly with all coworkers.
- Use our API to show the results on your intranet, or screens.
From now on
- Revise the results as a team! In you regular meetings: As you talk to your employees and start fixing what makes them press red, your baseline will tell you if your efforts work = your Mood KPI should go up.
- One popular technique is explained here.
- Measure. Talk. Improve. Repeat!
Most users say you only need to:
- Ask what makes people press green, talk about how you can fix the red (2 min techniques to improve here) and try to fix things
- Share the results regularly with all your employees (otherwise, people stop giving feedback)
- “Let the employees bring forward suggestions on how to improve employee morale”
- 91% leave work having had a good day here. Is it Google? Facebook? Take a guess.